Membership and Donation
The Finnish Seamen´s Mission in Rotterdam works among Finns and their friends in the Netherlands. The Church is mainly a self-sufficient organization, so we need the support of our friends to ensure the continuance of our work.
All donations are very much appreciated. You can support the Church in various ways:
- Take part in our events and enjoying a cup coffee with a cinnamon bun in our Cafeteria
- Become a supporting member of our Church. There is more information about membership below.
- Give a donation directly to our bank accounts:
Finnish Seamen´s Mission, IBAN: NL81 ABNA 0480 0237 78
Finse Zeemanskerk, IBAN: FI38 1228 3000 0068 56, BIC: NDEAFIHH
Donations can also be made in cash, or through a cheque at the Church itself. This can be done during regional services, or can be dropped in to the cafeteria at any other time.
To become a supporting member you need to complete the membership form found here and pay a membership fee of 30e per person OR 45e per family OR 16e of a pensioner/student. The payment of the membership fee can be done in two different ways:
1) by paying personally at the cafeteria when visiting the church
2) by paying the fee directly to our bank account (see details above). When paying to the bank account, please include a note "Memebership Fee, Holland".
As a member you are accepting a shared responsibility for the Church activities. You will gain benefits from your membership, and above all, you will safeguard the future of the Seamen's Mission in Rotterdam.
In addition to the knowledge that your support is helping the survival of the church here in Rotterdam, some other membership benefits are:
3 % discount to several services (including shop and cafeteria) and a 10 % discount for the use of the sauna at the Church.
The Finnish Seamen's Mission's sea crossing benefits plus other benefits, for instance in different hotels, when staying in Finland.
Reductions in overnight facilities at our churches in Hamburg and London.
Help us to help others!